Friday, October 14, 2005

Weekend plans



This weekend is going to be full of adventures. Tonight I've got my oldest nephew's 4th birthday straight after work. Birthdays are great fun no matter what age you are but for a four year old I think the excitement is almost unbearable.

Tomorrow I head off on a bus for a garden tour over two days at Kaikoura with my mother's garden club. Two years ago we went to Akaroa for the weekend and it was excellent. The photo is of the pile of name tags I've just made for everyone as we're coming from all over the place. I'm really looking forward to it. As well as my mother being on it, an old primary school friend will be there as well so I'm hoping for lots of opportunities to catch up. Judging by the last trip, the noise volume will be huge because there's a bus load of woman who've escaped their familial responsibilities for two days!

Another reason for looking forward to the trip is that I'm wanting to rip out some shrubs that have turned into trees and plant a hedge. At the moment I'm not sure what to use so I'm hoping for inspiration. I'm taking a notebook (Moleskine) and my camera so I'm all prepared. Having written that I now feel a bit geeky but I don't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home