Thursday, November 16, 2006

Holiday Weekend coming up

Today is the last day of the working week - tomorrow is Christchurch Show Day. Traditionally its a screaming hot nor'west day but its come a day early so we've got that today. Apparently the forecast is for thunderstorms over the weekend. Fabulous. Hard to believe that on Monday I was wearing a jacket, scarf and jersey and the last 2 days have been true summer weather.

Normally in a shorter week I'd be in a big panic trying to fit 5 days work into 4 but for some reason I haven't been in panic mode this week. Not really sure why. Maybe its the after effects of the 3 week holiday last month. I've been trying to remember when the last time was that I took more than 1 week's holiday and I can't remember. Even though I try to get a couple of weeks off over Christmas and New Year, some of that time is spent at home and inevitably I end up doing some work over that period. The joys of self employment. It must be true that holidays are good for you if I still feel relaxed about life. More likely is that I've overlooked something and just before I leave tonight I'll find it and then have to come back to work over the weekend.

That sounded very pessimistic and that's not what I meant at all. I enjoy what I do - I just have to work out how to do it more efficiently and earn a better income.

The photo is taken L.A. and is of an unknown but fabulous tree - I think Dr. Seuss must have been American because these are the trees in his books!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home