Thursday, January 11, 2007

A domestic goddess I'm not!

Even though I make no claims on the domestic goddess front, its a great feeling when you produce homemade jam! This was a brew of black currant & rhubarb jam - the black currants came from our neighbour's garden and the rhubarb from mine & the neighbour's & a friend's garden. I got 12 pots of jam (some of them are quite small) and it was very satisfying. I think I prefer this jam to straight black currant as its not quite as strong. It goes extremely well on scones with whipped cream as well.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Whispers in your ear said...

Hi! Guess who! I've finally signed up with blogger primarily so that I can drop comments onto your blog. As it happens, I've typed one blog entry as well, largely to explain the rather obscure username that I've chosen.

BTW, can I have some of your jam, or at least, some of the scones + jam + cream that you mention.

Time to go home. Boys await.

6:55 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh I don't know I would class making jam as being pretty domestic goddessish!

I certainly haven't made jam for a very long time.

7:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home