Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Reading

This year I've decided to keep a list of books that I read, just out of interest. I don't normally do any New Year's resolutions as I'm aware that I will probably not keep them but a list of what I read is quite different. Its not a resolution, its just a record.

Interestingly its already made a difference to the way I'm reading which I'm finding quite strange. I tend to read and reread books, mostly because I read incredibly quickly and if I didn't reread books, I would have to borrow a huge quantity from the library and friends and my arms would lengthen with the weight of books I'd be carrying around. So I've already come to my first quandary in my list: when I reread a book, do I list it again or do I pretend that I've only read it the once. At this stage I'm leaning towards the listing again option.

We're up to January 16th and already I've read ten (10) books! BUT because of the list I'm trying to space out my reading - what's with that? It should just be a genuine list, a record, of what passes in front of my eyes.

Out of interest here they are:
Mister Pip Lloyd Jones
Scaredy Cat Mark Billingham
Sea Glass Anita Shreve
Between a Rock and a Hard Place Aron Ralston
My Own Words Judy Bailey
Pride & Prejudice Jane Austen (again)
The Creative License Danny Gregory
Under the Duvet Marian Keyes
Miss Garnet's Angel Sally Vickers
• an as yet unpublished novel by a friend (which was excellent)

Quite an eclectic collection - ranging from murder mysteries to biographies. I'd have to say that it wasn't a good idea to read Judy Bailey's book straight after Aron Ralston's harrowing tale (he's the guy that cut his arm off to save his life). Both were biographies and at any other time I would have enjoyed Judy Bailey's book much more but after Aron's - well, what can I say? I didn't read anything for a couple of days after that one.

So, that's the list so far. I can't see that I'll be adding to it soon as I'm currently without any new books to read. Have to do some rummaging at friends' places. I may do the occasional review as well if I feel like it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home