Monday, July 16, 2007

Yoo hoo . . . anyone out there?

I can't believe that its been a month since I've written anything here. 2 weeks of that month I was having computer problems but even so.

What's with all this cold and frosty, then cold and damp weather. I know that its the middle of winter but its COLD! Having to wear multiple layers of clothing and eating way too much food, particularly comfort food like chocolate. Its not helping the waistline. Also not exercising is not helping the waistline (and the thighline and the bottomline).

But spring must be on its way because yesterday I saw lambs and they were frolicing in the grassy green paddocks and sunshine. They must have been about a week old but there was a whole paddock of them. I was completely staggered as no lamb worth its mint sauce would have chosen to have been born in some of the weather we've been having. Did I mention that its COLD? Also, Christchurch is smoggy!


Doesn't this photo just make you want to live here?!! This was taken about 10am on Sunday 8th July. It was a beautiful clear and sunny day and first thing in the morning you could see the fantastically snowy Alps in the distance. But by 9.30 it was still -2 degrees so people lit their coal fires and the view disappeared! You can see one of the coal fires smoking away in the photo. You can really smell the smog as well. Not a lot of fun.

The cold weather definitely slows down the brain cells as well. Some mornings it takes ages for me to get the brain engaged and as for getting the fingers working on the keyboard, it can be quite a challenge. The upside is that the Alps look fantastic as we drive to work and we get to see some great sunrises and sunsets.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Whispers in your ear said...

Yes, I'm listening. Can't vouch for anyone else of course.

Nice post. I laughed aloud. Atmospheric snap too, if you'll pardon the pun.

4:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home