Friday, June 01, 2007

Another surprise success

Winter sunrise, May 2006
I've shown you this photo before but I thought I'd show you again as I got an acceptance for it at Photography Club on Monday night. I have cropped this according to the judge's suggestion and it is better. I entered this in the 'Ellesmere Through the Seasons' category. None of my other photos passed muster unfortunately but I did learn a lot, as usual. I've made a promise to myself that I must enter at least one photo every month this year as its the only way to push myself. So far I've been doing well.

Last month there was a Digital Image category for the first time ever. The idea behind it was that the photo had to be obviously "fiddled with". When there were so many options it was actually quite hard to decide what to do. In the end I decided to go with a collage type effect, which is the image below on the left. On the right are the 2 images I started with.

"Adventure"
This photo didn't come anywhere but I had a lot of fun doing it. When it was shown to the iGirl she got very confused and wanted to know when she was there.

This week we got to hand in our mystery object photos (I'll explain more about that next month). On talking to the others after the meeting, almost everyone had taken their photos on the Sunday or Monday (as I did) even though we'd had the mystery object for approximately 3 months! Its that old deadline thing again. If it wasn't for deadlines I don't think I would have achieved anything.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home