Thursday, July 06, 2006

Nothing much happening

I can't believe its been over a week since I posted. I think the problem is that I've been really stretched/stressed at work so by the time I get home, I've lost all enthusiasm to do anything. I had been casually sketching most nights as I lazed around - applying the theory that the more you practice, the better & more enthusiastic you get - but lately its all gone by the wayside.

I. and I did go along to the Ellesmere Photography Club for the first time on Monday night. I was quite excited about it because I have been enjoying taking photographs lately. I feel a lot less precious about them and will just have a go anyway. Often they don't work but digital has certainly eased the concern about cost and I like the instant feedback aspect.

Anyway, we walked over to the Masonic Lodge where the meeting was and much to our surprise, not only had they started on time but there was someone there we knew. Everyone was really friendly and I learnt a lot. We're going to join the club because its only $15 for a year and I'm going to try to be brave and put in a photo or two for assessment next month. Scary/exciting!

The weather this week has been very cold. There was snow on the hill above the gondola when we arrived at work yesterday and it snowed during the morning but the rain washed it away. Today I'm huddled in front of the heater trying to get my frozen fingers to work properly. At least the days are getting longer now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Yipppeee very glad to see you both at Camera Club Monday night, just holler if you want a hand getting something together for next meeting.

1:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home