Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This little blog has been forgotten in the flurry of my life!

Peaceful farm scene
It was going to be an entry in the Kiwiana category at Photography Club! Can you tell why I didn't enter it?


What I've noticed is that I've been busy with work and other things, but I still find time to read other people's blogs and enjoy them. Lately, a few of the blogs I read regularly have been saying that they're going to have a break from regular blogging (daily, or every couple of days) and I've just realised that I've been ignoring mine.

Whenever one of my regular readings stops for a while/for ever, I'm completely devastated. It feels the same as when a friend leaves to go and live overseas. But in this case, its completely one sided as they don't even know who I am. I'm not very good at leaving comments but so often I just wish I could.

But inside of this, I've also noticed that I've been stopped around taking photographs. I just haven't been picking up the camera and doing it. I've still got the habit of carting the camera around with me but I never think to grab it and use it. Partly because I've become extremely critical of my own photos in comparison to other peoples, partly because I've just dropped the habit. I've even stopped putting photos in whatever posts I do do.

So, its time to get out of my own head and just do things - write, take photos, phone friends for no reason at all. Life is too short to be stopped doing the things I like doing!

Answer to photo question: Look closely at one of the cows in the background. I think the judge would have noticed this!

1 Comments:

Blogger Whispers in your ear said...

Well, the judge may have noticed, but would they have minded? Maybe it adds a certain grit. Cows do smell, after all.

6:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home