Thursday, June 16, 2011

Navigating in a damaged city

Beautiful, old, 2 storey, probably double brick house that was destroyed on Feb 22nd, 2011

I hadn't realised how much I used landmarks to navigate my way around the city! As I was driving through Sydenham, I felt quite disoriented as so many distinctive buildings have disappeared. Sydenham is now very open, spacious and empty looking.

According to The Press last week, apparently there are some central city businesses looking at relocating to Sydenham so they can get up and running again. The Honey Pot is one of them and I'm looking forward to being able to eat in that establishment again!

I haven't taken many earthquake photos, not sure why. The above house has now been completely cleared away and there's now an empty section with lovely trees around it. It will be a great site to build on.

I'd always loved the 2 storey double brick old homes that we had in Christchurch and its sad to see them being cleared away, but there's no way I'd want one now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home