Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hello little lonely blog

I know its been a long time but I've been trying to concentrate on doing other things. I have managed to fit in a fair bit of reading though. I'm not really sure I want to add up how many books I read last year - I think it might be waaaay too scary. So here's last months list:
  • Colour of Death by Elizabeth Lowell - murder mystery
  • A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin - Fantasy
  • Dinner for Two by Mike Gayle - chick lit from male perspective?
  • A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin - fantasy
  • The Haven Home for Delinquent Girls by Louise Tondeur - modern
Favourite book was probably Colour of Death. I enjoyed the books by Martin but struggle with the story being told from so many individual perspectives. Not sure that I will be able to keep going with this saga.

There seems to be a bit of a fantasy theme going on here. I enjoy them but definitely go through phases of reading them. For some relief from it, I've been quietly reading Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela. Its taken me months to finish it as I've only been reading a few chapters at a time plus its a huge book. Astounding. I can see why people kept recommending it to me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home