Monday, March 06, 2006

Another wonderful weekend

I can't believe its been a week since I posted. Where does time go? My paternal grandmother always used to say that the older you got, the faster time went and I certainly believe it. I can remember as a child that the summer went forever, as did the school day!

We took this weekend off and headed up to Lake Rotoiti for the Antique and Classic Boat Show - we don't have a classic boat but thoroughly enjoy watching people messing about in them. We took our boat up with us but the wind was mostly too strong all weekend to get out on the water.

We managed to go to the head of the lake on Sunday morning where Ian fished unsuccessfully for trout - he only saw small ones and I walked & messed about with the camera, which I left at home on charge so photos will be forthcoming later. But when we returned to the camp at lunchtime, a strong southerly had come up and when we came round the corner (which was only about 1/2 way back) there were huge waves and whitecaps!!

It turned into a real slog to get back to the foreshore. We were both drenched - I had water down my back AND front. Luckily the sun was out so as long as we stayed out of the wind when we got back we managed to dry off. Good thing the local community was selling food as a fund raiser - when you're wet and cold, nothing beats sausage and salad in a chunk of french stick with home made lemonade. Lovely.

Tonight we go home to a trashed house as we were both tired and hungry when we got home so just emptied the car and boat onto the living room floor without sorting or putting away. Not the signs of organised people I'm afraid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home