Thursday, February 16, 2006

Secretive blogging

I've told exactly one friend and two family members about this random thought blog. I haven't told my parents and even I. hasn't seen it. I'm not sure why. Its not as if there's raves about people that I might then be embarrassed about if they read them.

Maybe its the fear of rejection. I just read a hilarious post about rejections from publishers and it got me thinking about why I'm not mentioning this. It may never get better or more interesting, I may never find my "voice", it will never be full of award winning photos but does that really matter?

The whole point of this random journal is that it is mine and its convenient. Its more formal than the random journal I carry around with me at all times which is full of the bits and pieces of my life and is not available for public scrutiny. By publishing it, it means that I generally spell check it and reread it (but not always) before clicking the 'Publish Post' button.

On the days I don't feel like writing, I don't. Its not homework, its meant to be enjoyable. If anyone stumbles across it and reads it, well, good for them but that's not why I'm doing it. Ideally I'd like to write in it once a day but that'll never happen as, for a start, I don't use the computer in the weekends as a way of stopping staring at the small screen. Sometimes I feel as though I have nothing to say but will still sit down and write because I feel it can be good practice for me.

Right now I have to cease the waffle and go and finish my work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home